15 November 2011

Two Posts in One Day? Yep...Here We Go....

My post this morning, Throwing Caution to the Wind, did something in me. As soon as I hit "publish" and walked into kitchen, my Friend, my Comforter, my Encourager, the Holy Spirit said, "Okay. That's just the beginning."

"The beginning of what, exactly?"

He continued, "Starting today, you are going to write a blog post each day for a year, just like you did today. With that infernal, internal editor-girl turned off."

Okay, so as a person who reads something pretty much every single day about how to be a better writer (and yes, I know that the first rule is, "writers write" :)) this is a scary proposition. Every word has to count. Every word should be the "right" word. What if I'm misunderstood? What if I say something offensive without meaning to? What if I sound *gasp* irrelevant or arrogant or just plain stupid?

And again, my dear Friend reminds me, "It doesn't matter. It's not up to you. All you have to do is put your fingers on the keyboard and type out what's on your heart."

"And keep my hand over the editor's mouth, no matter how much she struggles to free herself?"

Very gently, He says, "Exactly."

So, here we go. Tomorrow is day 1 -- November 16, 2011.

I'm not waiting until January to start, I'm doing it now. Today.

(And in the interest of full disclosure, I do re-read and "edit" the post while I'm typing and right before I hit "publish." I'm just committing to doing it all in one sitting and leaving behind (at least for 365 days) that "process" that keeps me from publishing anything.)



So what could you start today, that you may be mentally putting of until January 1, 2012?





2 comments:

  1. hahaha i love it!!! i love that you are FINALLY writing!! i'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rae!!! It would probably not be happening without your encouragement over the last 12 years! Thank you for being my cheerleader! You're the bestest!

    ReplyDelete